Photographer Gwynne Wade answers your boudoir questions…
I’m not a model, or I’m not thin, or I don’t know how to pose – Is boudoir for me?
Absolutely! Gwynne believes that every woman in every shape and size is beautiful. Gwynne's hair and makeup artist creates a special look for you and Gwynne helps you pose and feel relaxed during your session. Don’t worry, almost no one knows how to pose for boudoir. Gwynne has a large number of poses that flatter different body types and emphasize different body parts.
A note about posing for boudoir – it’s not like lounging in bed. To make you look your sexy best, Gwynne will ask you to arch your back, sit up straight on the edge of the chair, point your toes to engage your calves and more. Don’t worry about it, just know that sometimes the pose may feel a bit weird and that is normal and you will look fab!
Is my session private? Will you share my imagines online?
Gwynne understands that boudoir photography is very personal and she respects your privacy. No one will share images online or in print without your permission. No one will ever sell images to third parties. You will be asked you to sign a model release that specifies what we can use and where selected from the choices below. If you don’t want to share, then we won’t, but we bet you will feel so beautiful you’ll want to share some of your images.
Your privacy choices include:
- Please keep my images private, do not share with anyone, except for my before/after image with hair and makeup
- I will allow you to use anonymous images only (ones in which your face cannot be seen)
- I will allow you to use images show to other potential clients (either on a password protected webpage or in a printed book kept in the studio)
- I will allow you to blog or display lingerie images on website
- I will allow you to use lingerie images for promotion (prints, emails, books at lingerie stores, website)
- I will allow you to use implied nudes on website
- I will allow the Make Up Artist / Hair Stylist to have headshot images for their portfolio or website
- I will allow the Make Up Artist / Hair Stylist to have lingerie images for their portfolio or website
What should I expect during happen for my session?
After you arrive, you will first spend time with our makeup artist and hair stylist. She will speak with you about how you want to have your hair styled and how you would like your makeup to look. Then while your hair and makeup is being done, Gwynne will go over your questionnaire with you to make sure nothing has changed, talk again about your photo session, and look at your outfits and props(if any).
After hair and makeup(approximately 1 to 1 and ½ hours depending on the session and styles you select), you will work with Gwynne to take amazing photos in various positions – standing, sitting, laying down. Gwynne doesn't set a time limit on your session. She takes photos to ensure you get a great set to choose from. During your session, you will change outfits (typically 3-4 outfits for a single look and 4-5 for looks).
What should I do to prepare for my session?
- Arrive with clean hair (no products) and clean skin (no makeup). If you use moisturizer, do not use one with an SPF as this can affect makeup application.
- Make sure your hair color is fresh (if colored) and that roots are touched up if needed.
- Do not go tanning (either in a booth or in the sun) 5 days before the session to avoid burns & blotchy skin
- Get a mani-pedi so you look great from head to toe.
- Arrive in loose fitting clothing and avoid wearing a bra, underwear, socks or anything that will leave unsightly dent marks in your skin.
- Remember to use lip balm several days before the shoot to keep your lips soft.
- Use lotion on your arms and legs to have them looking their best, but try not to use any products with glitter or an artificial shine to them.
- You might want to bring a snack, especially if you have booked a 2 look session.
- Bring an ipod if you have one! Music can help get you in the mood.
- Drink plenty of water and gently exfoliate and moisturize your face and body prior to arrival.
- Last but not least, get a lot of rest the night before! Don't go out and party or drink. You want to look your best!
What should I bring to my session?
- Lingerie that you find flattering. Bringing four to six outfits is best unless you have booked a mini session which is limited to one outfit. Gwynne will discuss your outfits ahead of time and you can always bring extra outfits if you have them. Gwynne will help you pick your outfits if you aren’t sure which ones to use. You don’t have to break the bank, just bring something that makes you feel great!
- A garter belt and thigh high stocking, fishnets, a boa, or any other items you would like to include in your photos.
- If you are doing this for a partner, you might also bring one of his dress shirts (solid white or solid blue are best) or a favorite jersey of his. Just make sure everything you bring is clean and in excellent condition. If you are doing this for a partner, a new outfit can be a fun surprise.
- Any jewelry you love.
- Sexy shoes! More than one pair if you have them.
- Bring a robe for in between to cover yourself. Gwynne wants you to feel as comfortable as you can while you are at the studio.
I have makeup allergies or sensitive skin; can you still do my makeup?
As part of your welcome package, you will see that you need to identify any allergies to our makeup artist. She will work with you ensure your makeup is appropriate for your skin.
Can I bring a friend or significant other?
Our preference is that you come by yourself. We want all the focus to be on you and our experience is that having someone else along detracts from your session and in fact will make you more self-conscious. If you absolutely feel you must bring a friend for moral support and cheerleading, then you may, but they will not be allowed in the room while the photography is taking place to avoid them getting in the way of the photos. We do not allow male partners or friends to be present during your session, however if you want to bring someone to drop you off and meet us to make sure you are safe, you can certainly do that.
Do you retouch my photos?
Yes, every photo that Gwynne delivers to you will be fully retouched. She doesn’t change your appearance, but she removes cellulite and blemishes, smooths wrinkles and lines (to the extent that you still look natural), etc. Unless you ask Gwynne to specifically change something that is part of you (such as a scar or beauty mark), she doesn’t change those things because they are what make you special. However, if there is something you really don’t like, such as a scar from a fall, just let Gwynne know and she take care of it in retouching. If she notices something during your shoot that she isn’t sure if you would want removed, she will ask you. You will look stunning!
Will I get the digital images from my session?
Digital images, albums, canvas gallery wall art, and prints are all options when you purchase your favorite images.
How long will it take before I get to see my images?
Please allow 3 weeks before your images are available to be viewed at Gwynne’s studio, however it may be shorter than that. You will work with Gwynne to pick your favorite images for your album and prints. Please allow 2-4 additional weeks after your viewing session for prints, albums, and canvas wall art. If you need something faster, let Gwynne know and she will see what she can do to meet your time frame.
Have any questions that didn’t get answered here? Just ask!
You might also be interested in boudoir pricing.